Sonntag, 2. September 2007

more info: landlords, FAQ's & about me

Why my previous roomie moved out: he got a job in his field in Canada. I've lived with 7 roommates (2 in college, 3 in summer jobs, 1 abroad, 1 here-- one male, six females), so have a pretty good idea of what might work or not.

The landlords: wonderful, nice, helpful, live off-property but visit once a week to sweep & vacuum common areas, and make sure everything's in order, etc. Fix things immediately.

What don't I like about the place? I love hardwood floors and really high celings, and they're not here-- but the light and balcony keep it from feeling claustrophobic. Sometimes I miss living in cap. hill, which is about a mile away by foot. But it's very quiet in Eastlake, which is relaxing, and it's a short walk to a water park, and couple of good cafes nearby. There's a school at the end of the block, and when school starts or ends, the block can be a bit congested with parents getting their kids and I always worry that one will run out in front of me if I'm driving. I'm open to getting some different furniture in the living area.

Is there an elevator? No, but it's not really needed; the stairs at the entrance start in the middle of the building and go in both directions, so there are about 18 steps total up to the apt.

Visitors? Sure. I give advance notice, you give advance notice, and nobody stays longer than a week at the very very most; 1-3 days is ideal.

Parties? Occasionally... I give lots of advance notice, and so do you.

Spontaneously bringing home a pal/date for coffee, dinner, etc.? Probably fine, if done considerately.

Spontaneously bringing home a group of friends and staying up late here drinking? No, not if I'm here.

What are your dreams for the apartment? Well, I think it would be nice to have some benches and flowers/plants on the balcony. As mentioned before, other colors on the furniture, or different furniture in the living area. At some point, I would love to own a beamer to project foreign movies up onto the blank wall across from the sofa. More cool art. Maybe more plants or a goldfish.

More about me:
I've left grad school and am currently temping and applying for other jobs, hoping to further my experience in IT.

I'm vegetarian but eat fish, milk and eggs, and don't mind if there's meat around or in dishes.

I cook to live rather than live to cook, and don't spend a ton of time in the bathroom-- the exception is the occasional bath.

I would call myself creative, introspective, sensitive, curious, intelligent.

I like to drink wine with dinner and play classical music, but am open to other sorts of music too.
I usually go shop at Trader Joe's or at the Broadway Market, and go up to cap. hill on the weekend evenings. Sometimes I go hiking or exploring.

I speak three languages (English included) well and am trying to further others. I grew up in CO, went to an all-women's college on the east coast, and have lived overseas for 4 years.


Stuff we'd need...
--Kitchen is mostly equipped, could use more pots and pans.
--The vacuum cleaner has broken. If you have one you'll bring, great!
--I'm working on finding a more reliable wireless router, & would want to split the cost. Already have great working equipment for an internet phone (runs about $13/mo w/unlimited long distance), if that's something you'd want to have.

Keine Kommentare: